Meet the team – DesignWorks
DesignWorks is our dedicated design and placemaking studio. The team covers all elements of the design process from feasibility and concept design, wider strategies, masterplanning and funding submissions through to detailed design and site implementation stages. They are an experienced and proudly diverse team with the skills and creativity to unlock the full potential of a place and energise communities.
Our placemaking process doesn’t just focus on the aesthetics of a space or what’s happening there now but on the wider identity of a place, the diversity/changes within its community and the resilience of its social/physical environment:
- How does the community feel about the area?
- What is the vision for the area?
- How can we help unlock its potential through healthy placemaking?
- How can the space energise the community?
- What are the aspirations of the various stakeholders?
- What future opportunities could be created?
- How can these opportunities be progressed and funded?
- How can we make a place more resilient, inclusive and flexible?
- How can we push for quality and innovation in our design/placemaking process?
- How can we add value whilst dealing with budget constraints?
In addition to our own skills, we bring to our work an integrated placemaking approach by collaborating closely with communities, our clients and other disciplines. This approach allows us to truly transform the places we touch and help them serve better the community and the environment.