Hoo Peninsula, Medway Contract Award
Project Centre is pleased to have been commissioned by Medway Council to undertake the detailed design and construction support services support for the £86M roads infrastructure element of the above HIF New Routes to Good Growth (NRGG) project.
The road improvements are required to accommodate predicted future traffic growth for new homes on the Hoo Peninsula and form part of the wider £170M scheme incorporating Rail and Environmental improvements to open up the Hoo Peninsula for development. Construction is programmed to be completed by March 2024.
Project Centre has been appointed to provide a range of technical services and design including:
- detailed traffic modelling and simulation
- design of optimised solutions to existing roads and junctions
- design of a new grade separated junction
- bridge design, ‘Green’ bridge design, retaining walls, strengthen embankments, culverts and ancillary structures
- design of a new off-highway relief road
- extensive flood and water management and surface water drainage design
- extensive lighting, signing and VMS design
- extensive traffic signal design
- improvements to cycle infrastructure and enhanced connectivity
- soft landscape design
- extensive surveys (e.g. WACHAR, ecological and environmental surveys)
- design of mitigation works (e.g. adjacent to areas of SSSI and AQMA)
- utilities management
- project and programme management
- project risk management and cost consultancy
- stakeholder engagement and multiple developer interface
- Principal Designer
- ECI engagement
- Sustainability, carbon footprint reduction and SMART City considerations.
- Tender assessment and engagement
The associated environmental considerations, local and planning requirements and imposed funding programme require an accelerated high quality right first-time delivery. Project Centre will work jointly with Medway Officers and stakeholders to successfully deliver this strategic high-profile project in these unprecedented times.